Have 6 Minutes?
News, Links & More
- Rabbi's Weekly Message
- Membership Information
- Congratulations to Rachel Klepper, winner of HBT's Larry Diamond Memorial Tikun Olam Award! Read Rachel's inspiring remarks!
- Check out the Homer Omer Calendar!
- NEW! Read Divrei Torah from recent HBT B'Nai Mitzvah
- Chaverim School
- Explore Reconstructionist Judaism
- Member Involvement
- HBT's Kashrut Policy
- Visit us
- Sign up for our email list
- Follow us on Twitter
- Visit our Facebook Page
Rabbi Penzner Delivers Invocation at Kennedy Institute
Congratulations Rabbi Penzner!
Read the transcript of the Rabbi's remarks or watch the video below.
Current News and Recurring Events
- Read the Rabbi's eulogy for long-time HBT member, Harvey Towers
- NEW! 5776 Program Book (2015-16)
- Chaverim School Calendar
- Read Rabbi Penzner's High Holiday 5776 Sermons
- Read Katy Abel's Yom Kippur 5776 Personal Offering
- Minyan Every Monday and Thursday 7:30 PM
- Shabbat Services Saturday 10 AM
- Yoga, with a Jewish Flow, Sundays 4-5:15
- Mussar Va'ad (Study Group)
- HBT Men's Group
- Kulanu Yachad: Experiential Learning for All Ages
- Wise Aging Workshop
- Dinner/Kabbalat Shabbat
- Torah Study (Saturdays 8:45-9:45)
- Books and Bagels
Welcome to Temple Hillel B'nai Torah (HBT), an open, diverse, friendly Jewish community. Our more than 125 member families from Boston's neighborhoods and suburbs have chosen HBT because it is a special place to make new connections, revive old traditions, and explore what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century.
We're a small community, with an amazing array of programs for our members. We can meet your spiritual needs with High Holiday and weekly Shabbat services, Torah Study with Rabbi Barbara Penzner, and a twice-weekly evening minyan. We care about lifelong learning, and offer an outstanding educational program for children through our Chaverim School, as well as intellectually stimulating activities for members of all ages. You might bring your pre-schooler to our month Shakin' Shabbat service (pizza included), join us for an Israeli film screening (popcorn included), attend a Sunday yoga class, or take part in a lecture/discussion on human rights or another topical issue.
Our community is caring and progressive. Our members serve on temple committees, volunteer at our Corey Street Street Farmers Market, deliver food to Family Table (Boston's Jewish food bank), and celebrate at our bi-annual Cape Cod members' retreat. The members of Temple Hillel B'nai Torah enjoy being together and helping one another, and welcome potential and new members with open arms. We hope you'll consider how this unique faith-based community can help you find peace and purpose - in ways that enrich your own Jewish values and experience.
If you would like more information about HBT or any of our upcoming activities, please get in touch with Benita Block at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan Snitzer & Jean Weinberg, Co-Presidents
Temple Hillel B'nai Torah * 120 Corey Street * West Roxbury MA 02132
617-323-0486 * email@example.com